Zayed University is fully committed to ensuring its website is accessible to and inclusive for all its users, including those with special needs and whether they use a text browser, screen reader or other assistivetechnology.
Maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing process and we are continually working to improve the site for all users.
Features To Enhance This Site’s Accessibility
- All text is resizable using either your browsers text-resize option (this is usually found under the View -> Text Size menu) or by using the text resizing icons on the pages.
- HTML heading elements have been used for page structure, supporting assistive technologies that allow page navigation from heading to heading
- Responsive web design, provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones).
- All images have appropriate text alternatives
- This site has been tested to ensure it is accessible in a wide range of browsers
It should be possible to access any part of the site (including forms) using just the keyboard. However, if you have any problems with this, do contact us and let us know. Please provide information about the web browser and operating system you are using as it will be of assistance in seeking to address the issue.
Additionally, most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. These are known as “access keys”. They are activated in various ways depending on your browser and operating system. Here are the shortcuts for some common browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above (Windows): ALT + key
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 (Windows): ALT + key
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 (Windows): ALT + SHIFT + key
- Safari (Apple Mac): CTRL + key
All parts of the site use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout and design. If your browser does not support style sheets allpages should still be readable.
Text is sized relatively, so it’s possible to adjust the text size to your needs. To adjust the text size in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox go to the ‘View’ menu and select ‘Text Size’.