Khaironnesa "Narjes" Noureddine
Name: Khaironnesa "Narjes" Noureddine
College of Arts and Creative Enterprises
Khaironnesa Noureddine is a Zayed University College of Arts and Creative Enterprises student. Prior to joining ZU, Khaironnesa earned a Bachelor in Finance, and worked in the banking sector until 2006 when she decided to devote herself to the art of Arabic calligraphy.
She participated in Sharjah Institute for Arabic Calligraphy in 2000, and then to Calligraphers’ Studios, where she studied under one of renowed masters of calligraphy, Khaled Al Saai.
Khaironnesa has thoroughly studied the Thuluth and the Nastaliq Calligraphy styles and was awarded an international prize in the Mir Imad International Calligraphy Competition in the "Jali Al Diwani" style in Istanbul and also in Algeria’s International Cultural Calligraphy Festival – Tlemcen – in Algeria.
She held many open and public calligraphy workshops in different events. She participated in many local and international exhibitions since 2001, organized by Dubai Department of Tourism and Sharjah Department of Education, and other local parties. Some of these participations include:
- 2014- Calligraphy Painting”, Gallery Naghsh”, Isfahan 2014, in addition to several other exhibitions organized by local and international parties in UAE, Germany, China and other countries.
- 2013- A Verse Imprinted- Islamic Art – Dubai 2013
- 2011- The International Cultural Festival – Capital of Islamic Culture – Tlemcen, Algeria
- 2010-The will of the Reed, IRCICA & ADACH, Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi
- 2005 - 2015, Dubai International Exhibition of the Art of Arabic Calligraphy
- 2004 - 2014, Sharjah International Biennial for the Art of Arabic Calligraphy
- 2003- Magnificence of Letters, “Hurouf Arabia” magazine, Dubai
- 2002 - 2011, Islamic Arts Festival - Sharjah Art Museum
More about Khaironnesa and her exquisite Calligraphy work is exhibited on her website.