The Library Collections at ZU Include:
- General Collection: These items can be checked out
- Reference Collection: For use in library only. This collection is shelved separately for ease of use.
- Emirates Collection: Books on the UAE, some of these cannot be checked out
- Periodicals Collection: Print magazines, journals and newspapers in English and Arabic. Faculty only may check out periodicals
- Learning Enhancement Center (LEC): Materials for English language learning
- Curriculum Resource Center (CRC): Materials for students learning to become teachers
- Electronic Resources: Available via the Library Web Site, http://www.zu.ac.ae/library/. Includes the library catalog, databases, many online journals, research guides, electronic books, etc.
The Library Services at ZU Include:
- Information Literacy Instruction: This happens in and outside of the library, just like this tutorial!
- Collection Development: This is the process of selecting, buying, processing and cataloging materials, or information resources, for the library collection. This happens in Technical Services, located in the Dubai campus library.
- Reference Services: Use this reference service often to get help with research from librarians and library staff
- Circulation Services: Borrowing and returning library materials, reserving study rooms and equipment
Exercise 1.1 - Library Tour
Take 5 to 10 minutes to walk around and get to know all the areas in your library. Can you identify or see the location of each of the collections and services listed above?
||VIEW this short MOVIE [2mins] showing what you will find in Your Library, for both Abu Dhabi and Dubai campuses