WELCOME to the ECONOMIC & POLICY RESEARCH UNIT (EPRU)
Applied economic research aimed at supporting the UAE's growth and development
The Middle East Economic Association (MEEA),
in association with Zayed University,
held its 6th International Conference
on 14 - 16 March 2007
at Zayed University in Dubai, UAE
Under the patronage of
His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan
UAE Minister of Higher Education & Scientific Research
and President of Zayed University
Coordinated by Zayed University's
Economic & Policy Research Unit
and Office of Research & Outreach
The Economic & Policy Research Unit (EPRU) is the institutional focus for applied economic and business related research at Zayed University. The EPRU will be recognized internationally for its research outcomes and its contributions to the UAE’s economic policy process. The EPRU aims to become the leading center for applied economic research of policy questions and issues relevant to the UAE.
The EPRU will conduct high quality applied research that addresses issues of importance to the national development of the UAE and will use research findings to provide relevant policy recommendations.
The EPRU will also collaborate with both local and international partners to build research capacity within Zayed University and in the UAE and will forge productive ongoing relationships with these partners.
- To provide independent, rigorous economic analysis of policy-related questions relevant to the UAE
- To use best-practice techniques and tools in performing such analyses.
- To assist in the building of economic research skills, capacity and expertise in the UAE.
- To be recognized as a center of excellence in the analysis of UAE-focused economic questions and issues.
- To provide forecasts of key UAE economic indicators.
EPRU Research Relationships Model
20-Mar-2007 9:47 AM